Behavioral healthcare for all ages.
Life can be hard and there are times when you are simply “out of solutions” or feeling overwhelmed. A person experiencing depression is likely to encounter difficulty coping with daily stressors and may feel helpless and alone.
Depression can make it difficult for a person to accept comfort from others, which is sometimes based on the belief that they do not deserve it or that the affection is insincere. Some common symptoms of depression include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness
- Difficulty enjoying previously-enjoyed activities
- Changes in weight or eating habits
- requent crying and overwhelming feelings of sadness
- Changes in sleep such as excessive sleeping or inability to sleep
- Unexplained physical ailments such as headaches or muscle pain
Depression is one of the most common reasons people seek therapy. There are a number of therapeutic approaches that have demonstrated effectiveness in treating depression.
When the wear and tear of stress and/or depression is preventing you from coping with your everyday experiences and depriving you of happiness in your life, If you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed by difficult emotions, going through a challenging time or simply want to go through a process of self-exploration, counseling can be a good fit. Start today by calling our office.